Torrey Pines

Monday, February 10, 2014

I love the beach. 

But its not like I saw the beach all the time growing up. Being in Portland, the nearest beach (that at least my family ever took me) was 3-4 hours away. So I did go but when I did, it was considered a "trip", one that happened with family or one time with my girl scout troop. The beaches in Oregon are also much different than the beaches here in California. They are colder and windier (depending on the year). 

Well things have changed. The great thing about living in San Diego is that not only can you go to the beach practically anytime you want cause its only 30 minutes away at most, you also have a ton of variety. Growing up, I remember two beaches, Newport and Cresent City. But in San Diego there is...

Pacific Beach 
Ocean beach 
La Jolla Cove 
Torrey Pines 
Coronado 
And there is probably more that I'm not thinking of right now. 

So Lillee and I decided to visit Torrey Pines State Reserve because I enjoy the huge cliffs. We ended up walking a good 2-3 miles which is a lot for Bird but she just danced her way through the sand in her new rain boots, collecting shells and pretending she was a princess. All was well. 












We ended the day by some relaxing coloring before I left off to LA again. 

Happy Blogging!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground