Girls Kissing Girls

Monday, July 8, 2013


I'm not really one to make this blog about my politics or personal beliefs because I believe those things are incredibly personal and I don't feel like changing my opinion. But it makes me feel good that I can walk down San Diego and kiss who I'm dating no matter what gender they are and not have to worry about getting my head bashed in. Of course the battle to be accepted for who we are will always be fought but I like to look at things in the perspective that we've come a long way. That even though I may need to be sensitive to my family or my more conservative friends that ultimately I can be the person I was born to be and be happy and proud of myself. 

This is not a post about my opinion on Prop 8 because honestly, I don't have an opinion on that cause I don't plan on getting married anytime soon. But this is a post that in the last 5 years, I see the world making change. Gay couples can win cutest couple in the high school year book, that a lesbian couple can be included with straight couples in "best couples" in glamour magazine, that families with gay parents can be a part of national wide ads. The concept of two people of the same sex is still somewhat foreign to Birdie since she has only been around straight couples but I'm not worried. Love and acceptance is all around us and always has been, I'm just happy that everyone is starting to notice it. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground