Happy April Fools Day/Goals for this month

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Am I the only one who is ready for this day to be over? 


Granted, I was only "pranked" by three people but whenever it happened I thought "jeeze, I do not have the time to deal with this right now." I do have a sense of humor but it tends to be more on the clever/subtle side where I only get a few intelligent laughs (i've been compared to having the attitude of the character Juno). Maybe next year when I'm dealing with a ton of transitions, I'll be a more light-hearted about this so-called "holiday." 

On a more optimistic note, its the beginning of the month! Usually that means paying rent and then being broke for 30 days but I realized I hadn't made any goals for myself lately so I thought, why not make a few for the month. 

  1. Run more (about 3-4 times a week). Its not like I'm starting running or I never run but I'm always happier when I do run. It puts me in a better mood, gives me a slight boost of energy in my day and makes me feel better about my body. But lately because of the stress, I've been only running 1-2 times a week and then taking a week and a half break. Not good. 
  2. No more candy or chips! I've been meaning to do this for a while. I eat a lot of candy and it doesn't do any good at all. I'm showing my daughter that its okay to eat junk food. Not good. It ruins my teeth. Not good. It's bad for my body and my mood. NOT GOOD. It hit me while I was picking a snack in the store. I don't worry too much about eating healthy all the time, sometimes its good for a break. So I thought about getting a salad but I saw these popcorn chip type things and I thought, "that looks good, I'll try it." So I put my salad back and bought the chips and I regretted it. It wasn't like I got sick or that they tasted bad. I just felt like I had made the wrong choice and from that point on I thought, something needs to change. 
  3. Be more creative! My creative projects such as art, music and photography has taken a bit of a back seat since I transferred to university but I forgot how much my art balances me out! Every time I get back into the groove, just like running, I remember why I did it in the first place. I need to put myself out there. 
A year ago, I remember realizing that it doesn't help to put a wall around yourself. Of course, protect yourself from getting hurt but sometimes, its good to take risks and be a little vulnerable. It makes you stronger in the long run. Lately, I've forgotten this and have just wanted to shut everyone out but how does that help anyone? 

Make some goals and share. 

Happy Blogging!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground