Vilnius, Lithuania

Wednesday, July 2, 2014














If you haven't already noticed, I don't necessarily do post according to the day that they happen. If that was the case, there would be about 40-50 photos a day. I also haven't posted in the last week and a half. Why? Because around a week ago, I arrived back from Europe.

I have run a few errands in my time back, like cutting my hair, buying new shoes, helping a friend move, getting a new license and finally getting a PO box for the nomad within in me. But really, I have wanted to spend the days back by sleeping and recuperating from everything I experienced overseas. 

Many people have asked "how was your trip?" And I reply with "it was very beautiful but very emotionally exhausting." Not exhausting as in "I'm tired from all the walking and the cold weather", cause that I can handle. That doesn't even bother me. I've tried to keep the details to only a few close individuals but really, I think the only people that can understand what I mean are the ones that went on the trip with me. 

Its one thing when you are learning about the prejudice against a group of people but when you are in the exact places where they were murdered, where their culture is still holding on by a string, when you realize there are still bodies beneath the ground you are walking on, well that is a lot to handle and as much as I am grateful to the professors that planned everything, we didn't necessarily get a lot of time to deal with the things we saw until near the end of the trip. 

I've wanted nothing but to cuddle with puppies and cats. I haven't wanted to watch any films that deal with gore, violence or death. I've been enjoying eat healthy again and having the people I need to talk to around me. But alas, I am back and I still have plenty of photos from the trip. Over the last two weeks, I probably took around 2000 photos. And that doesn't include the photos I have taken when I got back (your usual cat photos). 

I hope everyone is having a great summer and I can't wait to share the rest of mine with all of you. 

Happy Blogging!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground