We Baked A Cake

Monday, January 5, 2015
























A Whiskey Peach Upside-Down Cake to be exact. I saw the recipe HERE and decided "what the hell, I haven't baked in a while." I asked my friend/drummer Becca to help so I could take pictures plus her kitchen is cleaner than mine at the moment. We had a lot of fun figuring out how to bake this cake since it had intricate directions such as "whisk until frothy..." and "fold eggs into the batter..." We looked at each other and thought "what???" 

My final opinion...it was okay. What I enjoyed most about this cake was the fact that the whiskey taste was subtle. I could taste only a hint of whiskey in the caramel and not in the sponge. Two of my favorite things are whiskey and peaches, so the flavors involved in this cake were best suited to my taste. Were I to pick between a non-alcoholic pineapple upside-down cake and this, I would most definitely choose this. 

Try baking it yourself and tell me what you think or perhaps leave a recipe for me to try in the comments and I will do a post. 

Happy Blogging. 

1 comment :

  1. Mmh, that sure looks delicious! What a great way to start off a new week!
    Happy New Year xxx

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground