Sunday Flea Markets

Monday, January 27, 2014

Growing up in Portland, I've become a city girl. 

I do enjoying hiking, camping and small towns that have a lot to offer but I've always felt more in my niche in the city. One of the reasons is not how big corporate stores are readily available at your fingertips but that small local treasures (while still including "the hunt") are an appreciated art and encouraged by the culture of the city. So I decided that since I live so close to LA, why not stroll a flea market. 

I've never actually been to a flea market. 

I've been to antique stores, Portland Saturday market, farmers market, garage sales and "the bins" but never a flea market. So I looked up Los Angeles flea markets and decided on the two most popular ones. One in Downtown, another on Melrose. 

What I didn't expect was that even though the Downtown one was decent sized, I spent two and a half hours there. By the time I drove to the Melrose Trading Post, I was already losing steam, only to find that the Melrose Trading Post was about four times the size of the Downtown Flea. My brain was starting to shut off. 

But I did have a nice time none the less and I learned that most flea markets run every Sunday. So though I ended up quite exhausted this weekend, I'm sure this won't be the last time I attend "the fleas". 







 Wooden Sunglasses 

Clock Books 




I ended up getting a pressed leather purse, a bottle of honey&milk argan oil, a sticker that says "reading is sexy" and a pair of Cactus salt and pepper shakers. I would consider this a good day. 

Happy Blogging! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground